Our building – located on the town square across from the Ellis County Courthouse – has been a cornerstone of Hays for over a century. Built in 1903 as the Trinity Lutheran Church, the native-limestone building was acquired by St. Joseph’s Catholic Parish in 1965. It was purchased by our Firm, restored, and remodeled in 2003 with the intention of honoring the building’s past and equipping it for a new century.
The elaborate, original stained-glass windows shine light and history into a state-of-the-art office. An exposed interior stone wall still bears the original artisan’s tool marks, while unexposed are sophisticated modern mechanical and telecommunications systems. Extending across swooping, churchlike ceiling lines, our color palette evokes Western Kansas: the prairie, wheat, and greenery. Our remodeled conference rooms feature replicas of tables and chairs from the Courthouse and are available to out-of-town counsel for conferences, mediations, and depositions.
Our Partners and staff are happy to contribute to the revitalization of downtown Hays. We take seriously our responsibilities as stewards of our building’s legacy and future.